Before your chemical peel
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE PEEL
1) Discontinue any topical prescriptions or any products containing Retinol or Vitamin A
2) Avoid waxing, electrolysis, hair removal creams, and laser hair removal treatments
3) Avoid sun exposure (and tanning beds)
4) Do not receive Botox or dermal fillers
5) Do not have another facial or peel treatment
CONTRAINDICATIONS OF A CHEMICAL PEEL
Some medications and health conditions don't pair well with a chemical peel. If you are using or experiencing any of the following contraindications, adhere to the timelines as stated. Or talk with one of your skin therapist for alternative treatments to make you look and feel your best!
Accutane: 1 year off
Retin-A: Discontinue for 7- 10 days prior to treatment.
Pregnant or Lactating
Allergy to Aspirin
Sunburned or compromised skin: Outdoors Life style, Tanning bed users, Avid golfer or skier, Sun worshiper
Serious medical condition: Heart condition/problem, Immunity disorder, Diabetes etc.
Medications: Diabetes Type 2, Lupus, chemo
Permanent cosmetics wait 7 days then cover with occlusive barrier
Active cold sores or lesions
Active facial rash
Immediately post lift of facial surgery needs doctor approval
Rosacea- Will need to be evaluated.
Facial Waxing requires a 72 hour waiting period.